Booking.com

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Jakarta after 5 long years

6-9 August 2015


This is actually my third time in Jakarta. Last time was about 4-5 years ago, lama sangat dah kot..kinda missed this macet city. This trip was kinda ad-hoc, I mean the time, we've planned Jakarta for quite a while but never had the right dates, ticket prices and time to go. But this time we managed to grab kinda cheap ticket (since we were departing form Penang). Normally, when it comes to buying flight tickets, I would first search MAS, then AA, and if there is a slight difference in price, I would choose MAS.

Our flight was a 2.45 pm, and we reached Jakarta around 7 pm (local time) and by time we were done with our luggages and immigrations, looking for cabs and everything, we arrived at the hotel at 9+ pm (we've already informed the hotel that we were gonna arrive late in the evening) + the cab driver was not sure of the hotel, since it is a new hotel.

We stayed at Max One Hotel@Sabang and as usual reservations were made through booking.com. I read in someone's blog the location is quite near to eateries and walking distance to Sarinah. My first impression was, I loved the artsy look of the exterior, although I wanted to stay at Artotel (it was fully booked), I thought this hotel more or less should be like Artotel.
 
The room that we booked come together with breakfasts. My review about the hotel : Nice hotel, strategic location, simple breakfast menu but since I don't really take heavy breakfast, the menu was good enough for me. Hotel staff were helpful and nice except for one thing that put us off. They couldn't fulfill, the one thing that we asked since the first day we arrived, iron a.k.a seterika. I wonder if they only have one iron in the hotel, everytime we asked for it the would say, ada orang guna belum pulangkan, and we needed to iron our tudung bawal and baju, for goodness sake..adoiii.. terus bad review tak dapat iron..but overall not bad, okay lah.


We didn't actually plan our trip here, we just wanted to eat, walk and walk and no shopping. Through enough we didn't really shop, except for sepasang kain for myself and shawl saja. Other than that, I just wanted to see the city.

To be continued....




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...